Friday 5 July 2019

Choice Between Fewer or Plenty

Focus of Few

I make it a habit to read couple of marketing blogs daily. The tool I used to collage the blogs in one place for reading is Feedly App. It was a suggestion from Seth Godin that I started using this app for reading post.

Today's reading toolk to the post by A Learning A Day where he writes about focus and attention to few. This got me thinking on how we are driven to reach out for many things in a day. This often leaves us with dispersed attempt, half-hearted attempt, shallow talks an so on. What if we reduce the attention to many, to a few focused things.

What if we live the lines given above a thought!

As an aspiring digital marketing trainer, I know that I have to do many things and be at many places to reach out to my students. But, at the end of the day, I know I haven't done a good attempt at anything. It's just a cursory glace and time of many things I set to achieve. For example, I am not able to read the number of blogs I wanted, nor get to spend enough time in the garden, etc.

How to Build and Gain Knowledge on Blogging with Focused Approach?


This is the question most students or people who are new to blogging would be asking themselves. Where should I start? How to start? Should I go to this training or that one or can I skip training and learn all these by myself?

While there are many advice and tips on how to start blogging, I can give you just 4 points on how to start and learn blogging from scratch.

1. Keep some time for reading ( books or blogs) or listen to podcasts

2. Choose a topic and start a blog in ( WordPress or Blogger.com) and start blogging

3. Read or watch videos on how to promote blog using SEO 

4. Read similar blogs and find new topics. Choose a different angle to the story and make a blog post out of it.

( Reading is free, learning is free - what's holding you from reading. Read this blog from Seth Godin on the impetus he gives to reading. Btw, he reads more than 50 blogs a day!


No comments:

Post a Comment